Spaghetti Squash with Brown Butter and Walnuts
Jun 25, 2007
Cooking squash in the microwave oven saves time and makes it a breeze to cut. The walnuts add a nutty flavor to this wholesome side dish.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
medium spaghetti squash
1/2 c. walnuts
3 tbsp. butter (no substitutions)
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- With tip of sharp knife, pierce squash in about 10 places. Microwave on High 8 to 10 minutes. Turn squash over and microwave 8 to 10 minutes longer, until squash is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, toast walnuts over medium heat, about 5 minutes, shaking pan frequently. Transfer walnuts to large bowl.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then cook until butter turns amber in color, about 4 minutes.
- When squash is done, cut lengthwise in half; discard seeds. With fork, gently scrape squash lengthwise and lift out strands of pulp as they become free; add to bowl with walnuts. Discard squash skin.
- Toss squash and walnuts with melted butter, salt, and pepper.
Video: Brown Butter Butternut Squash & Bucatini
Robitussin Nighttime Cough DM
Heres What the Co-Founder of Birchbox Always Takes on Holiday With Her
MH Interview: Sir Clive Woodward
How to Grow Lentils
How to Make Your Hamster Happy
Top 10 Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
How to Travel With a Ferret
How to Improve Tone Quality on a Brass Instrument
How To Wear A Long Vest to Work: 15 Ideas
How to Work out Your Day Rate
Your January Horoscope: Its Time To Take Charge Of Your Life
The Story Behind This Rainbow-Themed Newborn Photoshoot Will Melt Your Heart
Date: 15.12.2018, 20:16 / Views: 51235