How to Use Household Pantry and Bathroom Items to Remove Acne
If you are suffering from acne you can visit your doctor or dermatologist to ask for advice about the available treatments. You should have a good cleaning regime for your face to help you get rid of acne. These are the best ways to deal with acne, and are more effective than possible home remedies. You should combine your treatment with a healthy and active lifestyle for the best results. If you want to try out some acne treatments at home, however, there are a number of possibilities.
Using Bathroom Items
Try a benzoyl peroxide treatment.Benzoyl peroxide is the active ingredient in many of the most effective acne treatments you can buy in stores, or which are prescribed by doctors. If you have a benzoyl peroxide product in your bathroom, this should be your first choice to treat your acne.
- Benzoyl peroxide is only likely to be found in face cleaning products, such as face scrubs and washes.
- Check the ingredients on a face cleaning product you find in your bathroom to see if it contains benzoyl peroxide.
- These products have an antibacterial and drying effect, and as such they may cause irritation to dry or sensitive skin..
Consider exfoliating your skin.Using a gentle, exfoliating face wash or scrub can help to cleanse and purify your skin. Find one that is designed to work for your skin type and apply as per instructions on the bottle. After washing your hands and wetting your face,gentlymessage the exfoliating scrub into your face before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Exfoliating can be quite harsh on your skin. Exfoliation should be done once a week at most.Doing it more often could irritate your skin and make your acne worse.
- To ensure you do not damage your skin, talk to your dermatologist and allow them to exfoliate your skin. It may not be wise to do so on your own.
- Moisturise after exfoliating to re-hydrate your skin.
Use some tea tree oil.Tea tree oil is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial and has been shown to help reduce the effects of acne. One study found that use of 5% tea-tree oil gel was just as effective in treating acne as 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion in improving acne.
- Tea tree oil may take longer to work on acne than benzoyl peroxide.
- Apply a few drops of the oil to a cotton ball or swab, and gently rub it against your acne.
- Don't take tea tree oil orally.
Consider a topical antibacterial product.Topical antibiotics can work effectively to tackle the amount of bacteria that builds up on the surface of your skin. Such treatments will typically be prescribed by your doctor or dermatologist. Get medical advice before you apply an antibiotic cream or gel to your face.
- Don't use a simple antibacterial hand soap that you have in the bathroom on your face. This type of soap contains chemicals that are not designed for your face and it can dry out and irritate your skin.
Investigate vitamin A derivatives (retinoids).These treatments are prescribed by your doctor. They work by unplugging your comedones so other topical medicines can enter the follicles and be more effective.You shouldn't try to replicate it by taking a lot of vitamin A orally — it does not have the same effect and can lead to other health problems including potential liver damage.
Using Household Pantry Items
Use a sea salt solution.Sea salt can have anti-inflammatory effects on your skin and improve your skin barrier function.You will find many skin care products which contain sea salt, but you can make your own mixture from your pantry, too. But remember: a homemade solution will not be as effective as one prepared in proper sterilised conditions.
- If you do decide to make up a solution at home, mix 1 teaspoon of salt with 2 cups of water.
- Gently massage the scrub into your face and rinse off with warm water.
- If you have dry, sensitive or moderate to severe acne, consult a medical professional first.
Consider using citrus fruit juice.Alpha hydroxy acid is a natural acid found in citrus fruits. When it is applied to your skin it can be effective in the removal of dead skin cells and the unclogging of pores. It can also lessen the appearance of acne scarring.Add a little water to a some lemon juice and dab it onto your face with a cotton swab.
- Side effects of alpha hydroxy acid include increased sensitivity to the sun.
- It may also cause redness, stinging and irritation.
Apply honey to your face.Honey has a long history of use as a topical treatment for skin problems. It has strong antibacterial properties, but is not as reliable as medication. Applying honey to your skin in a mask, and leaving it for between 20 and 30 minutes before washing it off can help you to tackle acne.
- Organic or Manuka honey are the best choices.
- Look for Manuka honey with a minimum rating of 10 UMF.
Clean your face with oil.Oil cleansing is becoming an increasingly popular way to tackle acne. The theory goes that using oil will more effectively dissolve and help get rid of the excess sebum on your face that contributes to acne. You can try it out with oil you have in your kitchen. As this is not a completely scientific method the formulas are imprecise, but they are a starting point.
- If you have oily skin, mix 30% Castor Oil with 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- For someone with a more balanced or combination skin type, add more Sunflower Seed Oil. Try 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- For those with dry skin, take the Sunflower Seed Oil up to 90%, with 10% Castor Oil.
- Massage the oil into your face in the evening before washing it off with a warm wet washcloth.
Consider using baking soda.For many, baking soda masks are a tried and tested way to combat acne. The medical value is not proven, but baking soda's alkaline qualities can work against acidic skin irritants. Baking soda masks can also have a soothing effect on your skin.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with enough water to make a thin paste.
- Apply the mask to your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your eyes.
- Leave it for 15 – 20 minutes, before rinsing it off and patting dry.
QuestionHow do I get rid of acne using homemade methods in about 20 minutes?Juvilyn VelezCommunity AnswerPut some baking soda paste on for two minutes and wash it with ice cold water. For best results use this twice a week.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get rid of acne overnight?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSadly, you can't get rid of acne overnight. It can take a few weeks. Wash your face regularly, and try applying apple cider vinegar. Avoid touching your face.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I type really fast?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThere is an app called Nitro Type. It helps improve your typing, and you can race online with other people to test your skills.Thanks!
QuestionDoes vinegar really help with pimples?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerApple cider vinegar helps with pimples. After a few weeks your skin will be softer, scars diminished, pores smaller, your skin tone will be more even, and your pimples will be gone (or mostly gone). After cleansing, mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one tablespoon of water. Apply it with a cotton pad. If you have sensitive skin, dilute it with a little more water. Wait until it has dried on your face. After it's dry, use whatever lotions or creams you want. Do this twice a day or whenever you wash your face.Thanks!
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- Always wash your hands first.
- Avoid the temptation to pop or squeeze zits.
- Apple cider vinegar is the best for treating acnes.
- Drink detox water every day as it will help us in weight loss and acne problem.
- Avoid getting treatments too close to eyes.
- Some treatments may sting and cause redness.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Français:
Video: How to get rid of PANTRY WEEVILS & MOTHS
Tax Season - And Were Doing It Differently This Year
The 9 Weirdest Things People Are Allergic To
How to Bargain the Price Down in Bangkok
The 8 Best Flavorings to Buy in 2019 for Your Water Bottle
Brittany Williams Lost 125 Pounds Cooking With An Instant Pot—So She Wrote A Cookbook
Start Your Wedding Planning With Inspiring Ways To Save-The-Date: Part 1
Sikes: Chic People, Glamorous Places, Stylish Things
Taking a Sneak Peek Into Alexa Chung’s Wardrobe Essentials
How to Get Pouty Lips
Middle-Aged Women Are At High Risk For This Potentially Fatal Addiction
21 Street Style Looks That Prove Metallic Shoes Are Always the Right Choice
See 9 Adorable Animals Experience the Joy of Going Outside for the First Time
6 Things Divorced People Want You To Know...But Will Never Tell You
Cheats Peach Sorbet with Muscat and Almond Tuiles Recipe