How to Know if a Versace Bag Is Real
Versace makes a number of attractive bags, but how do you know if the bag you’ve purchased is authentic? Counterfeit bags are now circulating regularly in both outlet stores and via internet sellers. To verify that your bag is a legitimate Versace product, start by investigating the CLG Code. Take a close look at the quality of the bag’s seams, stitching, and hardware. It also helps to buy from a vetted seller who is willing to guarantee the bag’s authenticity.
Verifying the Production Authenticity
Enter in the CLG Code.All Versace bags come with a built-in authenticity code known as the Certilogo of CLG. This code is 12-digits long and usually located on the label or hang-tag of the bag. Once you’ve located the code you can then go to the Certilogo website and enter it in to verify authenticity.
- Be aware that the CLG code information must be kept with any bag that is returned. Therefore, all authentic bags will have a unique code sold with them. Do not purchase a bag without a code.
- The Certilogo website is used by many different luxury sellers and will require that you register with the site before entering your code in.
Check for the certificate of authenticity.Your Versace bag will also come with a small, white piece of paper stating that it is authentic. The text varies, but the writing itself is always in black. The certificate is often placed in the inside of the bag near the main label.
Find the two production stickers.You should find both stickers located in the interior of the bag. One will show the country of the sale, so a U.S. sticker for an American retail sale. The second sticker will state that the bag was produced in Italy. The printing on the stickers should be clear and not blurry.
- If there is a possibility that you will return this bag, make sure to keep these stickers intact and in place.
Request an authenticity guarantee.Most sellers will provide you with a separate written guarantee stating that everything sold in their shop is authentic and legitimate. You can also visit a store’s website and look over their sales policies. Be wary of accepting a simple verbal guarantee or an informal written notice.
Inspecting the Production Quality
Compare your bag to the official Versace website.Go to the main Versace website and browse around to find a digital image of the bag that you are interested in. If the bag is vintage, then browse the internet and locate at least a few comparison images. Get the photos and do a one-on-one comparison, paying particular attention to small details, like the appearance of the lining.
Look over the hardware.You should be able to fasten the bag’s zippers and clasps with little effort and without scratching the metal surface of the hardware. The hardware should also be one uniform finish. Be particularly wary if you see dull spots on an otherwise shiny finish.
- Versace does not use plastic hardware parts. All hardware on your bag should be a matching metal.
- It is a good idea to lightly tug on each piece of hardware to make sure that it is properly sewn into the bag. The hardware should not move or be attached to the bag with glue. If you are buying online, ask for a close-up photo of the hardware and where it meets the bag.
- Any designs on the hardware will likely be etched into the surface, not printed.
Look over the seams and stitching.The stitching should be even, barely noticeable, and straight. Glance over the stitching to see if you notice any loose or frayed seams as that is a sign of a fake bag. The seams on an authentic bag may also be protected with a light wax casing, which is sometimes removable post-purchase.
- The threads should all be the same color, unless they are purposefully contrasted.
- Pull very gently at the sides of the bag where the seams are located. They should not give at all, which is a sign of durability.
Smell it.If your bag is leather, it will likely have a light leather fragrance. Otherwise, your bag should not smell at all. Any indications of a rubbery or chemical smell is a sign that your bag is likely fake. Be aware that any fragrances that touch your new bag may be absorbed.
Pay attention to packaging.If you buy your bag new from a store or online, it may come in a box with a dust bag. The bag is used for storing the bag when not in use. The hardware of the Versace bag itself will not be covered with plastic or another layer. This is a common sign of a counterfeit.
Look for a clear logo on the bag or box.The Versace logo should be consistent across all of the packing materials and markings on the bag itself. Look for a crisp, clear logo on all printed materials and etching, instead of printing, on the handbag.
Buying from a Reputable Seller
Buy directly from a Versace store or outlet.This is the best way to buy a legitimate Versace bag. You can find a location of a store near you by going to the Versace website. There are primary stores and outlets selling older season merchandise as well. Or, you could buy a bag directly from Versace online.
- If you decide to the buy the online route, it may be a good idea to at least visit a store in person to look at the bags firsthand.
- Try to stay away from generic designer bag outlets. These stores, whether online or in person, are often not affiliated with the brand itself. This makes it more difficult to determine authenticity.
Buy from a high-rated online seller.You want to find a seller who has been in business for a while and who has gotten a good number of positive reviews. On sites such as eBay, look for narrative reviews that describe how the quality of the bag matched up to the photos provided. It is also a good idea to buy from a site where the sellers are held accountable for negative reviews.
Check out the seller’s website.If you are looking for the main Versace website, pay attention to the final URL to make sure that you’ve reached the correct site. Sometimes fake bag sellers will use websites with typos or other subtle errors. You should also click on each of the website’s links and portals to make sure that they are accessible and accurate.
- For example, a blank “Support” page is a clear red flag that the site may be trafficking in fake goods.
Ask the seller questions.Whether you buy in person or online, a seller should be able to answer any questions that you have about the Versace bag. Ask about the sources of their bags. Ask about how long they’ve been in business. Discuss any warranties and the return policies. Keep asking questions until you feel comfortable with your purchase.
Ask for more photos.Start off by saying that the photos they’ve provided are good, but you’d like just a few more images. Request that the photos show specific parts of the bag, such as the zipper areas or the threading at the bottom of the bag. Request both close and distance shots.
- Check to make sure that the photos you’ve been given are not on another website or elsewhere. Also, look for signs of doctoring, such as blurry spots or obscured areas.
Pay attention to your instincts.There are many ways to purchase a Versace bag and it is best to pause for a moment if you have any doubts about the seller, bag, or price. If the purchase price seems unbelievable, it should arouse your suspicions and require some extra checking. Just wait a bit and continue to do your research. Consider your efforts as an investment toward making a good final purchase.
- Versace does have seasonal sales, but these deals will not generally lower the price of a bag by half or more. When in doubt, contact a Versace store directly to ask for a price comparison.
- If a seller mentions that the bag is cheaper due to a flaw, this is likely not the case. Many brands, such as Versace, will destroy flawed bags instead of selling them.
Video: GIRLFRIEND BUYS ME A VERSACE BAG!!!😱
How to Enjoy Life Without Money
Baselworld 2019: Chanel Introduces First Watch For Men: Monsieur de Chanel
Psychosomatic Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Types, And Treatments
How to Bowl an Outswinger in Cricket
21 Gorgeous Makeup Ideas for Brown Eyes
Best beauty apps for IOS
How to Become a Book Reviewer
Dash cryptocurrency surges in Venezuela as hyperinflation explodes
Mixed Berry Ice Cubes With Seltzer
10 Unusual Animal Hybrids
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes