How to Edit a wikiHow Page
wikiHow is a wiki, so anyone can edit it, even people who don't have an account! When you have saved your very first edit, you have become a wikiHow editor! Here are some simple instructions:
Find the article you want to edit.Search on wikiHow to find the article or use the category listings to narrow down what you want to work on, if you haven't yet. If you entered into an article through one of the tools on the Dashboard or one from a search engine on the Internet, you can click the article title to get right into the article's full page.
Click on an Edit link.From a desktop or laptop computer, you'll find the Edit link right below the wikiHow logo, at the top left corner of the page, next to the Article link. As well, you'll find a separate Edit link to get to section editing above and to the right of the exact section you'll want to edit. On the wikiHow mobile webpage, you can click the Pencil icon above the section's title.
- On the mobile website you will essentially be working from the Advanced Editor which requires the use of wiki-markup. However, changing the website URL you entered in from, from m.wikihow to www.wikihow, will enable you to use a slightly more user-friendly interface in Guided Editor that handles some of the markup for you automatically.
- You don't need to have an account to make an edit from desktop. However, it's always advised that you create an account to make edits.
Edit to improve the quality of an article.Try to preserve any good previous content that you can, but feel free to make bold changes and improvements!
Click on Preview, at the bottom of the article, to review your changes.
- You can cancel your edit if need be, and you can view the changes in the code between the previous version of the article and what you have written. You can also of your work if desired. Only publish the final draft of your work.
Write a in the Edit Summary, at the bottom of the article, to clarify your edit.This helps understand why you made the change so they know whether to approve it or not.
Click on Publish, at the bottom of the article, to submit your changes.
QuestionHow can I add photos?Top AnswererThis will vary on your Editor choice. With the streamlined user interface in Guided Editor, you can click "Add pictures to Steps/Tips/Warnings/etc". If you aren't working on Guided, and are choosing Advanced Editor, position your cursor at the entry point where the pictures are needed (not below on a new line) and click the icon that looks like a mountain in a picture frame above the window where you are placing your text. Our Article Creator has no functionality to add pictures just yet, but this could in time be added.Thanks!
QuestionI can not edit off my iPad without the the web demanding I log in. Has there been a change in the editing policy here, or is it just because I'm trying to edit anonymously on an iPad?Community AnswerOn an iPad you should be on mobile site. On mobile site you can contribute using the tools, but to edit the article properly you need to go to desktop site. On the top left corner there should be three lines; press them and a little menu should appear at the bottom which says 'Desktop Site'. If you press that, it will change to the desktop site.Thanks!
QuestionMy published changes show up right away when I am logged in, but the article reverts to an older version after logout, even after I clear my cookies and cache. When will "everyone" see the changes?Community AnswerEdits to articles are not shown to the general public until after they've been marked as patrolled via Recent Changes Patrol by another editor. This usually does not take long at all, so edits go through to pages quickly.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Learn how to Contribute to wikiHow.
- Use the Randomizer if you want to be taken to a random article to edit.
- Others will improve upon your edits. You can even reach out to other editors directly to ask them to improve your edits. Try looking at wikiHow's Community Topic Areas to see what users may be able to help you.
- Click on Recent Changes, in the column to the right, to see if your edits have passed through .
Video: How to Edit a Wikipedia Article
Hurricane season forecast 2019: strong, wet storms could move inland
Hunt for Madeleine scaled down
How to Be a Good Talker
What Is Gonorrhea
6 Clean (But Still Totally Delicious) Chocolates To Make For Valentine’s Day
Italian Soccer Loft By Metroarea Architetti
What Your Cocktail Says About You
How To Detect, Treat, And Prevent Lyme Disease
Do Statins Have Side Effects
How to Care for a Scorpion
7 AW15 Styling Tips To Try Now
La La Anthony’s Line for Women of All Shapes and Sizes
How to Be an Extrovert
These Are the Victims of the Orlando Nightclub Massacre
Fans continued to harass show co-creator Damon Lindelof over the Lost series finale for years
Date: 13.12.2018, 09:28 / Views: 94163