How to Be Popular in Middle School (for Boys)
Wash your hair.It shouldn't be greasy. Also brush your teeth, smell good, and wash your face.
Chew mint-flavored gum (to be fresh) use mouthwash and smile.Middle school is a difficult time - you never know who is having a bad day. Just one smile can brighten someone else's day.
Dress in a way that makes you feel good.You can wear anything you like, some ideas for what to wear are:
- Graphic tees from Billabong, Quicksilver, Nike, etc., Nike Free Runs, long sports shorts, sandals or flip-flops, sweatshirts, multi-colored random pants/shorts. If you have to wear a school uniform, it shouldn't affect your popularity. If you have to wear uniform at school, but you do, you'll stand out for sure, but, it might not make you poplar especially if you want to be popular with less academic-minded scholars.
Get a Social Life
Look confident.This is key to have people respecting you more. A confident attitude is about standing up straight, holding your head up and striding around in a manly way around school. Walk like it everyday and soon you'll feel more confident and you'll see that people will think of you with more respect, too.
Be yourself.This is the golden rule to be popular. You have to be yourself or people might avoid you. If the person you're trying to be friends with doesn't want to be friends with you, then it's their loss, not yours. Don't let anybody change you. If he/she doesn't like you for who you are, then move on to a different person.
Don't lie.Nobody likes a liar and if you do lie then it's going to catch up to you in life. The truth might be embarrassing.
Say, "Hi." It's so easy to be popular. All you have to do is say hi to everybody in your school or compliment others if you want to. Saying hi definitely breaks the ice. You can also compliment others, by saying things like: "Hey dude, nice shoes. Are you a skater dude or something?" He most likely will respond back - if he doesn't then find somebody else. Same goes with complimenting girls; don't say something like: "Hey, I love your hair." Or "I really like your shirt today." Treat her like a Guy. Say similar things. If she doesn't respond then move on. There are tons of boys and girls who like you. You just have to find the right people.
Start conversations.During your conversations with people, try to find things you have in common. This will make your friendship last for a long time. Don't agree on everything; you're going to have one thing you like that he/she doesn't or something that he/she likes that you don't.
Invite people to lunch.Sit together at lunch so that you and your friend can know each other better.
Join social media websites.Join Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. You're going to find at least somebody from school, so add him/her as friends and you'll get to know each other online.
Repeat the early steps until you have at least half the school as your friends.
Read the tips and warnings, and good luck!
Being popular starts with good hygiene, so make sure you shower and brush your teeth every day. While you are at school, be friendly to everyone by saying hi, giving compliments like "I like your shirt," and smiling. When you approach new people, act confident by standing up straight and holding your head high. Invite people to do things, like eat lunch with you, and get active on social media. Practice being friendly until it comes naturally to you.
- Talk to your friends and be noticeable in most of your classes.
- Laugh at yourself too. People like to be with someone who doesn't take himself so seriously either.
- Don't forget your old friends while you're making time for your new friends - you can always try to make them popular as well.
- Get into good relationships with kids in upper grades. Get to know them, invite them over, say "Hi" to them at the grocery store, smile at them.... the possibilities are endless. Be sure to be in good terms with them, too. You don't want to be in a bad relationship with the kids who know more than you.
- Have a sense of humor.
- Be athletic. If you can, join your school's sports team.
- Don't just Flatter girls. Just say nice things to them, for example, "Hey, you seem pretty cool. Wanna hang out?" Instead of just "you're pretty" girls don't want that, they just want friends.
- Having a girlfriend can help at most schools. Be sure to be on good terms with her.
- Ask your teacher good questions about homework or projects. You never know, others may be wondering the same about schoolwork.
- Invite quiet/left out kids to sit by you and your friends at lunch
- Try to socialize with all ages and always remember to be friendly with everyone.
- Say excuse me if you are passing somebody instead of just pushing them aside. People will find you rude.
- Don't cuss or say "stupid, dumb, or idiot". It makes you sound like you have a loss of vocabulary. Don't gossip either. It might not be cool or nice. Don't smoke or do drugs or say you do. It's not cool.
- If making a joke, make sure it is appropriate and follows school guidelines.
- Don't do drugs, drink, have sex, or smoke. It will dramatically reduce the number of people who will want to hang out with you.
- Don't be mean. You're in middle school so its important to learn how to be polite. Besides mean popular kids don't enjoy long term popularity because they don't have a big social life with tons of friends.
Video: How To Become Popular In Middle School!
Caramelized-Leek and Bacon Pizza
Hair color ideas for high school
How to Let Go of Sentimental Clutter
Pretty Green Menswear: SS14 Collection
Launching Tomorrow: Prada Candy Florale
Everything You Need to Know About the Abortion Pill
How to Sleep With an Insulin Pump
What Is Bulletproof Coffee
Veritas Capital and Elliott reach 5.7 billion deal for Athenahealth
High fashion label Carven now available at net-a-porter.com